Skip to main content

Dynabook Toshiba Satellite Pro 14 C40-G-109 Laptop Review.

 

That’s a mouthful… but here we go with another Laptop review. This time it’s a Dynabook (Toshiba) 14” lightweight laptop. Again, this is one of my laptops, and it’s one that I carry around with me in my backpack in case I am onsite, or out, and need a laptop for any reason.

It’s a small and light laptop is perfect for light use surfing the ‘net, dealing with emails and the odd bit of word processing, etc. It comes with an Intel Celeron dual core CPU running at 1.9Ghz, together with 4Gb ram (that is expandable), and a 128Gb SSD, loaded with Windows 10 Pro (Education edition). As stated, the ram is expandable and I’ve already upgraded it to 8Gb as Windows runs much happier with 8Gb – the only downside is that to upgrade the ram, you must remove the case bottom, and replace the single ram module with a larger capacity one.

In general use, the laptop is fast enough, but not something that I would want to try and game on as the CPU is of an older design and only has 2 cores. It takes less than a minute to start from pressing the on button to being able to use, and once on, does most things at a speed that means you aren’t waiting for it. Battery life is given as up to 15 or so hours, but in my time with it so far, it’s never showed more than 5 hours of battery lift on the Windows Battery ‘Guess-o-meter’.

Weight wise, it’s around 1.5Kg and only having a 14” screen is quite easy to hold in one hand (though not recommended if it’s open and being used!). It comes with a Gigabit Lan socket, Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 5.0, it also has 1 USB-C 3.1 Gen1, 2 x USB 3.1, 1 x HDM and a Headphone/microphone combo jack. Charging is via a supplied DC barrel jack (The USB-C port says it’s PD/Data/Video, but not sure if it will charge via the port).

Screen resolution isn’t HD due to the size of the screen but is 1366 x 768 and is also anti-reflective so is easy to read.

I’ve only had the laptop for a couple of weeks so far, so can’t give long time feelings, but if it carries on as it is, then I doubt it will have any issues.

Would I recommend this laptop – Yes, if you just want something for the odd email and internet searching, or like me, as a carry around laptop for the odd occasion you need one.


Just as an additional note: This laptop will run Windows 11 according to Microsoft's checker. I will probably upgrade it when it says it's available to see what happens....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First of many posts ....

I've been thinking about doing a random blog and linking it to my business website for quite a while, and today seems to be that day. It's not something that I am going to do every day, week or month, it's just something that will happen when I feel like it, and it could be about anything and everything. I know that there are other platforms that I could use to either 'vent', ramble or just moan, but this will be linked directly off my business website as I would think that it will mainly contain things that are connected to my business in one way or another. So as they say, Buckle up and get ready for a wild ride 😂

Is cloud storage all it's cracked up to be?

Cloud storage .... what is it? First things first, it's not actually up in the sky 😀 It is just stored in one of many datacentres across the world. Whether it's the Microsoft OneDrive, Google-Drive, Dropbox or any other cloud storage you may have heard of or used, it's just data stored on a server in a datacentre somewhere in the world. The concept of it is brilliant in that you can send a file from your work PC, and by logging into the account on your home PC you are able to get the file. However, there is a big downside to this. And it's that you need to be connected (or online) to be able to do this. For documents, storing them on the cloud doesn't take much data, so timewise, it's not too bad. Photographs and pictures on the other hand, do have lots of data, and therefore can be slow to send to receive. I was speaking to a customer, and he moved all his photographs to the cloud and was saying that it took 10 days for them to move from his PC to his cloud st